Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Bridge of Sand


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Bridge of Sand
By Janet Burroway
Publication Date: March 25

From Books-A-Million:

"In this beautifully written novel, Burroway uses a woman's personal loss, coincident with 9/11, to explore race, territory and renewal. Dana, the widow of a Pennsylvania senator, buries her husband the morning of 9/11, only miles from the United 93 crash. After months of paralysis, she sells her house and heads south in an effort to pick up the lost strands of her youth. Set amid the blur of 9/11, this wise, beautifully written novel of love, race, territory, and renewal explores the issues that challenge us all."

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Leave a comment with either the link to your own "Waiting On" Wednesday post or just your answer (if you don't have a blog).

9 comments:

Alea said...

Here is my pick this week!

Lenore Appelhans said...

And here is mine.

Ink Mage said...

My pick:
http://inkmagic.blogspot.com/2008/12/wow-kings-rose-by-alisa-m-libby.html

gautami tripathy said...

I think I left a comment and a link on the last week's post!

LOL!

Here is mine.

gautami tripathy said...

This is my first time for WoW!

Anonymous said...

Here is mine.

MySharonAnne said...

Here is my pick: http://sharonlovesbooksandcats.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

Shonda said...

Here is my post:

http://memybookandthecouch.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

This sounds like an emotional story. I think I'd like it. And then - there's the beautiful cover!